Aside: They say the best camera to take the picture is the one you have with you. There has been a lot of buzz on the net lately about a new I-phone app called “Best Camera”. No matter what camera you have with you-just take the picture-even if it is a mere cell phone camera. I had to shoot a job with one once. Read about it here.
Now back to the article:
Lets look at this non-I-phone cell phone capture and see what details we can glean from the image. Consider it a cell-phone-photo scavenger hunt. This image was taken on September 30, 2009 as was gleanable from the original file name.
- You can tell the image was shot with an LG Envy cell phone.
- You know the outside temperature was 30° F.
- You know I am traveling north.
- The image in the mirror shows I am moving on a divided highway
- There is frost on the ground outside the window.
- Leaves are beginning to turn in the road-side tree
- The sky is clear.
- The sun is very low in the sky by its color and angle.
- Because we are moving north, we know it is sunrise.
- I am driving a Prius
- I have a passenger as indicated by the seat-belt lights on the dash.
- There are no passengers in the back seat.
- That’s enough help for now.
Some of these clues are valuable-some are incidental. Perhaps there are other clues you can ferret-out yourself. With the tremendous availability of data on the internet, you can probably pinpoint my location pretty closely. You would need clues provided by this photo and a little fastidious web searching but it is possible.
Anyone take a guess as to the highways name? My destination? The first person to email me the name of the highway on which I am driving will win a free copy of Rikk’s Natural Forms Keyword List for Lightroom.
While you are here, think about subscribing to my blog by clicking here.
Rikk Flohr © 2009