With 2010 looming around the corner, it is time to think about those things that photographers should be doing in advance of the coming year.
1. If you have your copyright date imbedded in your Creator’s Name Field (see link), it is time to change it.
2. Check your Camera’s time stamp. Do your multiple camera’s match up well enough to keep your images in sync?
3. Is the copyright in your DAM software updated? Do your metadata templates reflect the right date?
4. How about that website. Does it say © 2009 still? If so, it is time to think about updating it.
5. What about your accounting software? Are you prepared for the change of year? Have you closed 2009 out?
6. Record the mileage on any of your Photo-related vehicles!
Just a few simple items to check before you bring yourself into the new decade. Wishing you a banner 2010!
Rikk Flohr © 2009 (for now)